Recipe for Pizza
Pizza is a traditional Italian dish that consists of a round, flattened base of dough, typically topped with tomato sauce, cheese, and various other ingredients such as meats, vegetables, and herbs. The dough is usually made from flour, water, yeast, and salt and is typically baked in a very hot oven. Pizza can be served in a variety of styles and can vary depending on the region, but it is most commonly known as a round, flatbread topped with tomato sauce, cheese and various toppings. Pizza is a popular dish worldwide and can be found in many variations.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
Pizza toppings (optional):
- Tomato sauce
- Mozzarella cheese
- Any toppings of your choice (such as pepperoni, vegetables, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add the olive oil and warm water, and stir until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a towel and let it rise for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to your desired thickness.
- Place the dough on a greased baking tray or pizza stone.
- Spread tomato sauce over the dough, leaving a small border around the edge.
- Sprinkle cheese and toppings of your choice on top.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Enjoy your homemade pizza!
Note: You can also prepare the dough in advance and store it in the refrigerator or freezer.