Rainy, cold weather has you craving soup? Honestly, same. Last night my dad and I whipped up an Asian-inspired chicken noodle soup. We played around with the ingredients and didn’t measure too much, except to taste (tasting the food as you go).
Here are the ingredients:
2 pounds of chicken breast, sliced finely
5 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups shredded cabbage
4 hard boiled eggs
1/2 cup minced green onions
A box of yakisoba noodles which you can find at the Asian section or at Asian markets!
1. Heat up a large soup pot, place the minced garlic and pour in the chicken stock with water (We used 2 cartoons chicken stock)
2. Once the broth is boiling, add in the chicken
3. Cook chicken in the broth for 30 min and taste the broth every now and then to see if you need to add salt and pepper
4. While the broth is cooking, chop up the green onions and cabbage for the toppings as well as the hard boiled eggs.
5. Once soup is done, put the heat to low and grab a strainer to put the noodles in to dip into the broth. Make sure that the noodles are dipped all the way into the pot and become soft.
6. Place the soft noodles into a bowl and add your toppings!