Pumpkin Bolognese with Banza Pasta
It’s fall time-NOT REALLY in San Diego. It’s hot as hell, but I was still craving a nice hearty pasta to satisfy my pasta needs. I had this for dinner last night and it was a hit!
* 1/4 c olive oil
* 1 medium onion, diced
* 2 stalks celery, chopped
* 1 medium carrot, chopped
* 5 large cloves, minced
* 1/2 jar of TJ’s pumpkin pasta sauce
* 1 pound ground turkey
* 1/2 cup tomato paste
* 1/2 cup whole milk
* 1/2 cup white wine
* 1 tsp dried thyme
* 2 cups kale or more
* salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
* chopped fresh parsley, for serving (optional)
– Preheat a large saucepan, add olive oil and heat until shimmery. Add onion, celery, carrot, and garlic and sauce until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes
– Add your ground turkey and cook, stirring occasionally to break up large chunks, about 10 minutes or until meat is no longer pink on the outside
– Add the the tomato paste and the TJ pumpkin pasta sauce and stir until coated
– stir in your milk, thyme, and generously season with salt and pepper. cover and reduce heat to medium-low.
– add your kale!
– let simmer, for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until thickened