Leftover pasta? Easy…use it for the next dish as a source of carbs ✨ for last night’s dinner I made the super-easy aka TAKES LESS -THAN -AN-HOUR garlic butter creamed spinach salmon.
What you need:
1 C tortellini pasta
4 salmon fillets (skin off)
Salt & pepper
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 tbs salted butter
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
3 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 C canned heavy cream (or coconut milk)
2 oz cream cheese
4 C baby spinach
1/2 C grated Parmesan cheese
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh chives (totally didn’t put it on last night but it’s ok)
0. Cook tortellini pasta according to directions. Drain. Set aside.
1. Season the salmon with salt and pepper
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the salmon and cook for about 2-3 minutes until the salmon is crisp and a little brown. Remove from skillet.
3. To the same skillet, add the butter, shallots, and garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant (about 2 min). Add the crushed red pepper flakes, heavy cream or coconut 🥥 milk, and cream cheese. Season the sauce with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring constantly until smooth and creamy. Add the Parmesan and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted (3-5 min). Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, and chives. Remove from heat and put the salmon back into the sauce.
4. Serve with additional herbs!
I love this recipe from Half Baked Harvest!!! 🙌🏽✨ seriously this is the second time I made it and I usually don’t make a dish twice in 2 weeks haha.