Chicken Biryani is a flavorful and popular dish that can be made at home with a few simple ingredients. Here is a recipe you can try:
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, bell peppers)
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp ghee or oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/4 cup fried onions (optional)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (optional)
- Rinse the rice in cold water and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot, heat oil or ghee over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, and ginger and cook until golden brown.
- Add chicken and cook until no longer pink.
- Add mixed vegetables and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Drain the rice and add it to the pot along with the chicken broth. Stir well.
- Bring the pot to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, and cover the pot with a lid.
- Cook for about 18-20 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked and the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off the heat and let the biryani sit for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and top it with fresh cilantro, mint, raisins, cashews, fried onions, and yogurt (if desired).
- Serve hot and enjoy your homemade Chicken Biryani.
Note: You can adjust the recipe to your taste or add more or less of some ingredients. You can also use boneless chicken breast or chicken legs, or add more vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, or eggplant. You can also cook the biryani in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, which will reduce the cooking time.